Together, we create life-changing wishes for children with critical illnesses.
HOW TO REFER A CHILD
• Referrals are accepted from medical professionals*, parents or guardians, or a potential child directly.
• Referrals from any other sources should be directed to ask the family to contact the Foundation.
• The family will always be contacted once the referral is made before taking the wish to the next step
*Medical professionals could include a doctor, nurse, social worker or child-life specialist with detailed knowledge of the child’s current medical condition.
• The child is between the ages of 3 and 17
• The child has a life-threatening medical condition that is currently in the life-threatening stage
• The child has not received a prior wish from any wish-granting organization
• The child’s treating physician and our Medical Advisor deem the child medically able to participate in the wish
Referrals can be made by completing this downloadable Refer a Child application form and returning by fax, mail or email. You can also click the 'Refer a Child' button (above) to complete an online form.
HOW TO VOLUNTEER WITH US
Volunteers give the most valuable gift of all – the gif of time. Their hard work, passion and commitment to helping make magical wishes come true is at the heart and soul of our foundation. As a volunteer, you’ll not only help leave a positive impact on the lives of deserving children, but you'll also change your own. We always welcome new volunteers who have the same passion and commitment for seeing kids’ wishes fulfilled as we do. If you’re interested in volunteering with Make-A-Wish® Saskatchewan, contact Allyson Toye to learn more about the opportunities in your area.
Register for Lemonade for Wishes and fundraise to grant wishes for children with critical illnesses in Saskatchewan.