On October 1, 2019, Children’s Wish Foundation of Canada and Make-A-Wish Foundation® of Canada joined forces, with the goal of granting the wish of every eligible child across the country. United as Make-A-Wish® Canada, our mission is to provide children with life-threatening illnesses the opportunity to realize their most heartfelt wish, giving them the strength to endure their treatments and build resilience.
As we embark on this exciting new journey, we are committed to ensuring continued seamless delivery of service to the children and families we support.
At this time, nothing will change in the wish referral and wish granting process. The criteria that we use to assess applications is based upon the criteria at the time of your application. We are committed to ensuring that all wish referrals are considered during this transition.
Every child deserves to have a one-of-a-kind and life-changing experience. To ensure the best quality of wishes, there’s a standard process Make-A-Wish follows.
Who can refer a child to Make-A-Wish?
- Referrals are accepted from medical professionals*, parents or guardians, or a potential child directly.
- Referrals from any other sources should be directed to ask the family to contact the Foundation.
- The family will always be contacted once the referral is made before taking the wish to the next step
*Medical professionals could include a doctor, nurse, social worker or child-life specialist with detailed knowledge of the child’s current medical condition.
- The child is between the ages of 3 and 17
- The child has a critical illness that is currently in the life-threatening stage
- The child has not received a prior wish from any wish-granting organization
Make-A-Wish® Canada respects the privacy of our wish children and their families. All medical and personal information is kept confidential and is not communicated with outside parties unless consent is provided by the child’s parents or guardians. Questions about referrals? Contact us at either firstname.lastname@example.org or your local Chapter for more information.
Refer a Child Application Form (Print)
Referrals can be made by completing the downloadable Refer a Child - Application Form and returning by fax, mail or email, or by completing the online form below.