Make-A-Wish® creates life-changing wishes for children with critical illnesses. We seek to bring every eligible child's wish to life because a wish is an integral part of a child's treatment journey. Research shows children who have wishes granted can build the physical and emotional strength they need to fight their illness. Make-A-Wish® Canada is an affiliate of Make-A-Wish® International, the largest wish-granting organization in the world, making dreams and wishes come true for more than 500,000 children since 1980.
Join our team as a:
National IT Support Technician
Greater Toronto Area
Contract Full-Time (6 Months)
Reference #: MW002
• Supports a Windows 10 environment
• Provides day-to-day IT support and services nationally to all chapters across the Foundation.
• Completes various business and technical projects mandated by the IT Department.
• Tracks IT assets and ensures that inventory is current and up to date.
• Administers users’ account information for Active Directory, VoIP and mobile device services.
• Supports end users in an Office 365 environment.
• Maintains and monitors Anti-Virus/Spam updates for all desktop systems.
• Deploys and maintains desktop and laptop hardware and software.
• Develops training documents, creation of reports, and system maintenance and enhancement.
• Responsible for meeting room setup and Maintenance of technical equipment
• Assists with the Inventory management and deployment process
• Works in compliance with the provisions of The Occupational Health & Safety Act in the applicable province of employment and its regulations and complies with the Foundation’s Health & Safety Policy.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Post-Secondary education in the Information Technology industry and/or equivalent work experience required.
• Minimum 2 years of experience supporting users in a Microsoft Windows and Office 365 environment.
• Computer programming (C, Visual Studio, and Windows Scripting) an asset.
• Comprehensive knowledge of iOS and Android
• Understanding of VPN technologies and concepts.
• Understanding of Microsoft Exchange administration preferred
• Experience and knowledge of Apple iOS / Android
• MCP, MCDST, MCPD, ITIL certifications are preferred.
• Networking skills required: TCP/IP, VPN, DHCP, DNS and networking principles and concepts.
• Experience with Server Virtualization and Storage Area Network.
• Hands-on experience with the following:
o Active Directory
o MS Windows 10 and occasionally Mac OS
o Office 365 (Microsoft Teams, SharePoint, OneDrive, Intune)
o VoIP telephony systems
o Mobile devices: iOS / Android
• Office environment with occasional requirements to work outside of regular office hours.
• Access to a reliable form of transportation is required to fulfil responsibilities.
• Office environment with occasional requirements to work outside of regular office hours
• Works independently, and as part of multidisciplinary team
• Occasional evening and weekend work (Work varies depending on the given project)
• Stress related to tight deadlines
• Works with confidential issues and data
• Multiple priorities and interaction with many clients
• Sits for extended periods
• Significant computer use
• Requires packing and unpacking
PHYSICAL & MENTAL EFFORT
• Works under pressure of tight deadlines, with high volume workload, and with multiple demands and changing priorities.
• High degree of responsibility for technology systems.
WHAT WE OFFER
Make-A-Wish Canada offers meaningful opportunities to make an impact. We are committed to fostering a culture that aims to change lives, foster compassion and better humanity.
In return for your contributions, we offer an attractive compensation package that encompasses a competitive salary and the opportunity to have a rewarding employment experience where your contributions can make a true difference every day.
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified candidates are invited to send their resume and cover letter stating salary expectations, and quoting the reference Posting MW002 National IT Support Technician, in the subject line of the email by January 8, 2021, to:
Human Resources Department
We thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
Make-A-Wish Canada provides equal opportunity in employment and encourages applications from all qualified persons. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.