Make-A-Wish® Eastern Ontario is currently seeking a Coordinator of Communications & Fundraising
TITLE: Coordinator of Communications & Fundraising
REPORTS TO: Chief Executive Officer
LOCATION: Ottawa, Ontario
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the Coordinator of Communications & Fundraising is responsible for leading media relations efforts and communications strategies. Working with the CEO and the Manager of Corporate Fund Development, the Coordinator of Communications & Fundraising raises philanthropic support, assists with the coordination of internal events and serves as the primary contact for donor event organizers.
• Working as a team with the CEO and the Manager of Corporate Fund Development:
• Develops, implements, monitors and assesses a revenue-generating program
• Builds and maintains relationships with stakeholders (donors, donor event organizers, sponsors, supporters, volunteers)
• Develops and manages stewardship programs and recognition activities designed to communicate the impact and value to donors of their support
• Identifies, creates and/or co-ordinates fundraising and community engagement opportunities
• Assists in coordinating annual internal events i.e. Wine for Wishes, Rope for Hope, Taste of Holidays.
• Assists in coordinating annual campaigns i.e. Wishful Baking, Something Blue
• Primary contact for donor (third-party) event organizers.
Kids for Wish Kids/ Students for Wishes Program
• Promotes and coordinates our Kids for Wish Kids Program in schools throughout EO.
• Manage the status of contact charts, to ensure they are up to date.
• Acts as liaison for KFWK/SFW events – provides support, occasional attendance at events, accepts cheques and presents plaques
• Coordinates the planning and execution of activities in the areas of public relations and media relations including strategy, design, implementation, evaluation, and reporting.
• Promotes public awareness by providing media and promotional support to donor events and sponsors, preparing news releases, building and maintaining relationships with local media, creating promotional materials, obtaining donated advertisements, as well as any such opportunities that arise.
• Provides support to the CEO in public relations, media relations and crisis management.
• Coordinates the development and implementation of social media strategy with participation by all staff, website and web presence, bi-annual chapter newsletter and monthly e-newsletters.
• Maintains Communications files and records.
• Previous experience in fund development, communications and media relations an asset.
• Experience successfully managing multiple projects from conception to completion within tight prescribed timelines.
• Experience in fundraising.
• Demonstrated oral and written communication skills with an emphasis on proposal development and presentations to internal and external contacts.
• Exceptional organizational skills and the ability to manage activities both for self and others effectively.
• Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office and client/donor relations management software (Salesforce an asset).
• Flexible, resourceful, creative and pro-active work style.
• Knowledge of the Make-A-Wish® mission, vision and values.
• Team player.
• Use of a vehicle.
• Bilingualism French/English as a requirement.
• Passion and exceptional customer service.
• Excellent verbal, interpersonal and relationship building skills.
• Strong analytical and organizational skills
• Demonstrate active involvement, experience and knowledge in social networking. (social media tools)
Please email your resume and cover letter to Tanya Desjardins at email@example.com by 6:00 p.m. EST January 18, 2019.