Refer a Child
Every child deserves to have a one-of-a-kind and life-changing experience. To ensure the best quality of wishes, there’s a standard process Make-A-Wish follows.
- Referrals can be made by the child's parent/guardian, a medical professional, or even the child themselves
- The family will always be contacted once the referral is made before taking the wish to the next step
- The child is between the ages of 3 and 17 and has a life-threatening medical condition
- The child has the cognitive ability of a 3-year-old and can communicate and comprehend his/her wish
- The child has not received a prior wish from any wish-granting organization
- The child’s treating physician and our Medical Advisor deem the child medically able to participate in the wish
Make-A-Wish® Canada respects the privacy of our wish children and their families. All medical and personal information is kept confidential and is not communicated with outside parties unless consent is provided by the child’s parents or guardians. Questions about referrals? Contact either your local Chapter or the Canada Office at email@example.com or call 1-888-822-9474.